The kitchen wall is no more! All hail the supersize kitchen!
I annoyed Barry by taking lots of photos as he worked. In my defence, I did order the Chinese food – I couldn’t exactly get to the kitchen. It’s difficult to get a photo of the entire kitchen, so I’ve had to take the last two from either side. It’s that big.
We sat and thought about the list last night; I think we didn’t want to do it because it’s really long and we knew it would be. To start with, we were going to put the delivery of the kitchen units back because they’re supposed to be coming in less than two weeks’ time. We’ve changed our minds now, because we’ll only want them, so here goes…
- Finish painting in the living room. We’re going to leave the dining table down for now, and this will allow us to store things in that space. Namely, kitchen cupboards.
- Get the kitchen pipework done.
- Electrics – get them where we want them. Barry will be linking two lights together and getting rid of a switch.
- Start patching up the kitchen. This will involve fitting plasterboard into the holes in the walls and ceilings, and generally making it ready for skimming.
- Take the current kitchen out. Scary step, there’s no coming back from this!
- Skim the plaster. A friend is being called in for this one!
- Paint ceiling.
- Paint walls.
- Put cupboards together (maybe while the other is drying?).
- Put in kitchen.
- Put in kitchen flooring.
- Put in living room flooring.
There are a million and one other things to add, like putting additional radiators in, sorting the photos for the living room wall, getting some more units sorted for the living room, getting the worktops cut, shall we have an island in the kitchen, etc., and I’m sure more will come to me as I’m just about to drop off to sleep. But it’s a start.