Barry’s done a bit more in the kitchen – only took a couple of hours but it makes a real difference. He’s fitted the skirting boards back and they look really great! They still need repainting. He’s also run silicone around the bottom of the units and added the strip that joins the living room floor to the kitchen floor. That’s 2.5/8 of the kitchen tasks done and 3.5/8 of the living room ones!
Did a few bits and bobs yesterday. Barry put the new lights up while I cleaned the kitchen windows and then he sealed the boxed off boiler pipes with silicone and the cooker hood with liquid metal. We also remeasured the kitchen and the living room and looked at flooring again – if we get the one we want, with cheap underlay, it looks like it will be about £750, so Barry’s investigating cheaper options!
In the meantime, I’m sewing material into some boot top covers – we’ve got fancy dress next month for Barry’s birthday, and I’m going to be (wait for it) Supergirl. Can’t wait!