Along with going to see The Hunger Games on Saturday and Sunday dinner on Sunday (both with our best buds Charlie and Jaime, hi guys!), we’ve got a few kitchen tasks for this weekend…
- Paint the alcove. If you aren’t thinking quotes from In Bruges right now, I pity you. This is the alcove (right). Or do you say nooks and crannies?
- Sand and paint the ceiling.
- Cut the peninsula to the right size. Barry’s just bought a shiny new circular saw and is itching to try it out, despite the fact we can’t put it up until the flooring’s in.
- List the radiator and butcher’s block trolley on eBay. Because we all know how much I love my customers.
- Order flooring. We’ve made the following mathematical calculation:
a + b = c
Where a = concrete flooring, b = £100 off online sale and c = credit card.
Barry put one of those pop up plugs into the worktop yesterday. Scary drilling a huge hole into our shiny new worktop, but it looks fine! A post for the peninsula is on its way. eBay is good for so many things!
We also bought one of those paint pads with the tiny wheel a few weeks ago. They’re supposed to create a straight line at the edges when you’re
painting, but Barry’s had another crack at the black paint and it doesn’t seem to have made a blind bit of difference.
Barry put the shiny new curtains up yesterday too. They’re a lot thinner than our last ones, but they’re pretty! I could always line them if it’s a problem.