I left you last time with us walking through the door of the new house, in true cliffhanger fashion. I was a bit nervous that I’d built it up to be more than it actually was. Although the sale went through from initial offer to moving day in bang on six weeks, we had only viewed the property once, I’d been a bit thunderstruck by the beauty of the house and garden, having not expected to like it, and I was wondering whether our desperation to find a house to buy (or even rent) had blinkered us a bit.
Before I start with the new, I thought I’d sign off with the old house. It’s been so long since we put it up for sale, and then accepted an offer, that I think I’d lost all feeling I’d ever had for it. Of course, I’ve said before, it was the house that we brought Scarlett back to (and Jude, for a mere six days), but it’s been too long.
I’m running a little behind on the news here… I have lots to share with you, and little time to type it out. I have many snaps on my phone already, but am struggling to type up words to go with them. In short, we had a baby.
Not much to report on the house front, although our buyers have now paid their deposit to their solicitor, a mere three months later. Exchange and completion dates still to be determined.
We’re in a dilemma now, whether to move before or after the baby’s born, as we’re swiftly approaching the danger zone. Just hanging fire to see if we get any info from our bank this week about the mortgage.
We accepted an offer on our house in late February, and hoped this meant we would have moved well ahead of the baby’s due date, which is late June. We don’t have an exchange date yet. We’re still waiting. And waiting…