Before I start with the new, I thought I’d sign off with the old house. It’s been so long since we put it up for sale, and then accepted an offer, that I think I’d lost all feeling I’d ever had for it. Of course, I’ve said before, it was the house that we brought Scarlett back to (and Jude, for a mere six days), but it’s been too long.
Not much to report on the house front, although our buyers have now paid their deposit to their solicitor, a mere three months later. Exchange and completion dates still to be determined.
We’re in a dilemma now, whether to move before or after the baby’s born, as we’re swiftly approaching the danger zone. Just hanging fire to see if we get any info from our bank this week about the mortgage.
We accepted an offer on our house in late February, and hoped this meant we would have moved well ahead of the baby’s due date, which is late June. We don’t have an exchange date yet. We’re still waiting. And waiting…
I am not a patient person and the lack of control in house selling is driving me crazy.
Following a challenging six months with our original estate agent, we’ve cut the apron strings and moved onto another. There was some miscommunication, and we’d come to the natural end of the contracted period, so we thought we’d take the opportunity to get bumped back up the Rightmove ranks and try a slightly different market.